Thanks for dropping by. This KPU WordPress website is designed for the members of the KPU community (current students, faculty, and staff), to create your own digital presence. Here are simple steps on how to get started creating your own WordPress site in minutes.
Please read through all instructions before proceeding.
Step 1: Login to WordPress
Go to the main WordPress login page. (https://wordpress.kpu.ca/wp-admin)
Log in with your 9-digit KPU ID and password.
Step 2: Create a WordPress site
Once logged in. Go to https://wordpress.kpu.ca/wp-signup.php and request for a new WordPress site (see instructions below) or access your existing site on your dashboard.
You will need several things here:
- Site Name – this is your URL. Your site will be wordpress.kpu.ca/[sitename]
(If you have been given instructions by your instructor on naming your site, please follow your instructor instructions.)
- Site Title – this is what you want your site to be displayed as in the title. (It could be the same name as your site)
- Site Language – we recommend leaving it as the default
- Privacy – this setting allows if others are able to search for your site on the Internet. (Follow the guide on the left on the sign up page, if needed.)
- Pick a template for your new site – there a limited of templates that can be selected when creating a new site. More themes are available when your site has been created.
(If you have been given instructions by your instructor on picking a template, please follow your instructor instructions.)
Finally, click on “CREATE SITE”. Congratulations! You now have a WordPress site. You will receive an e-mail notification of your new site.
Step 3: Repeat as needed
There is no step 3. In case you need additional sites, repeat the process.