Use Kaltura for Video Assignments
In addition to traditional written assignments, you may also share your learning with your instructor and classmates through video assignments. At KPU, a video recording tool called Kaltura is used to record and submit video assignments. KPU users access Kaltura by logging in to media.kpu.ca with your student number and password.
Submitting a Video Assignment on Moodle
Watch the video below to learn how to submit a media assignment in Kaltura.
Here are the steps to submit a video assignment.
- Click on your assignment in Moodle.
- Select Add Media Submission
- Choose your video from your Kaltura options OR, if you did not create the video with Kaltura, click on Add New to upload your video.
- Drag and drop the video file into the upload window.
- Fill in your video name, description, and other required fields.
- Click on Save and Embed (this will be in the top right corner of the window.
- A popup window with the question Do you want to submit your media assignment should appear. If you are satisfied with your video. Click yes to submit your work.
Using Kaltura Capture Space
You may also wish to use Kaltura to create your videos. To do this, you can download a free application called Kaltura Capture Space. Watch this video tutorial on dowloading and installing the application.
You can also use Kaltura to record a presentation that includes PowerPoint slides. Watch this video for a tutorial on recoding presentations.
Kaltura also offers the option to record audio, a webcam recording, or your computer screen. Watch this video to learn how to set your recording options.